Fresh Goat Cheese
Fresh Crottin is a fresh goat cheese made in the style of the traditional French Crottin de Chavignol. Made with goats’ milk from family farms, this fresh cheese is the same hand-crafted cheese as Bijou, without the aging. The milk is pasteurized and slowly coagulated overnight with lactic cultures. The next day, the curd is drained in cheesecloth, and then the little buttons are shaped by hand, packed and sold fresh.
Fresh Crottin is more complex in flavor than regular fresh goat cheese. The special yeast and mold that are added to the milk in the early stage of the maturation gives Fresh Crottin floral and lemony hints with a fresh milk finish. Serve broiled in tomato sauce for an appetizer, as a centerpiece to a salad or on a cheeseboard.
Fresh Crottin 2.5 oz. (tray by 6)
Great to use for custom toppings at the cheese counter or on a cheeseboard.
- All natural with no additives or stabilizers
- Made in Vermont with fresh goats’ milk from family farms
- Made in the traditional French-style
- A young goat cheese button with complex flavor
- Taste like fresh milk with notes of baked bread and lemon
- Can be sliced, melted or crumbled
- Serve as a centerpiece on salad, flatbread, or use on a cheeseboard
- Pair with Rosé, Stout beer, or a Manhattan
- Gluten free
- Our Fresh Crottin is packaged in gas flushed packaging to prohibit any rind developement
- Once removed from the packaging, there is potential for a geotrichum rind to develop similar to our Bijou
- Leave the cheese at room temperature for 1–2 hours before serving to experience the full flavor.