- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces spinach, washed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces fromage blanc
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup gruyère cheese, grated
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and blanch the inner leaves until tender, about 10 minutes (the water need not be salted).
- Put the cooked leaves on paper towels to cool and dry out, then line a nonstick, oven-safe frying pan with the leaves.
- Sauté the leeks and onions in the oil over medium heat until tender. Add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the spinach has begun to wilt, then drain the vegetables in a colander.
- Blend the eggs, fromage blanc, milk, cheese, and nutmeg, season with salt and pepper to taste, and fold the mixture with the drained vegetables. Carefully pour it into the cabbage-lined pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the quiche is firm to the touch. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.