- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 orange, juiced (zest set aside for the sorbet)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add 2 teaspoons sugar if the mango and tomato are not quite ripe.
- 8 ounces fromage blanc
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place all ingredients except the orange zest in a large bowl or container overnight. Adjust seasonings in the morning. If the mixture is too chunky, pulse half of it with a hand mixer.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and put in freezer 2 hours before serving. Use a small melon baller or sorbet scoop. Place sorbet on top of gazpacho.