- 10 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 16 ounces cultured butter lightly salted
- 9 eggs
- 4½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crème fraîche
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Grease a 13- x 18-inch sheet pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat, then cool to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs slightly, then add sugar, vanilla extract, and crème fraîche. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold chocolate and butter mixture into the egg and sugar mixture,
alternating with the flour in 2 parts. Do not over mix! Fold in
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. You will want these brownies to be slightly gooey. Cut brownies into 2-inch squares.