Maple Green Beans
July 26, 2013 // by Vermont Creamery
If you have a backyard garden or belong to a CSA, then it is possible that you might be up to your eyeballs in green beans right now. This recipe is really just a kicked up version of humble buttered beans, but the season is here for veggies that are anything but humble.
Try it once and I guarantee that it will become a staple at your house. Give it a go with other veggies too - zucchini, fresh sugar snap peas, carrots, squash, spinach, you really can't go wrong.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 T Cultured Butter with Sea Salt & Maple
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Wash green beans and place in a covered microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes or until beans are cooked through but still crunchy and bright green.
- Alternately, you could blanch in a pot boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Toss with Maple Butter, Dijon mustard and pepper while still hot.
- Serve immediately.