the best things we ate in italy
September 28, 2015 // by Adeline Druart
Allison Hooper, Bob Reese and I recently traveled to Italy to participate in the Slow Food International celebration. Slow Food is an international movement working to preserve traditional styles of agriculture and food production. Vermont Creamery was one of six cheesemakers from the United States chosen to attend.
Here are 5 of the Best Things We Ate In Italy:
- Pasta with Tomato Sauce: Nothing beats handmade pasta with garden-fresh tomato and basil.
- Cannolis: Our favorites were dipped in a crushed pistachio!
- Parmesan Reggiano: We could eat wheels and wheels of this classic Italian cheese.
- Gelato: This stand-out cone was filled with rich, creamy hazelnut gelato. THe best we've ever had.
- Prosciutto: Salty charcuterie - need we say anymore?