Baked Eggs with Ramps, Sweet Onions, Tomatoes & Goat Cheese
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
½ tablespoon milk
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter, plus more to butter mini cocottes/ramekins
2 ½ tablespoons
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ of one yellow onion, minced
4 ramps, cleaned with white and green parts divided and chopped
Salt and pepper, as desired
5 ounces grape tomatoes (or similar), halved
Vermont Creamery Bijou
4 large eggs
1 ounce grated Parmesan (or similar)
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Position rack to middle of oven. Generously butter 4 mini cocottes or ramekins. Place onto baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine crème fraîche and milk in small bowl until well mixed; set aside
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. When butter begins to foam, add onion and white parts of ramps; cook until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add greens of ramps. Cook 1 minute or until greens are wilted. Remove from heat.
- Divide halved grape tomatoes between prepared dishes; top with onion mixture. Add quarter of Bijou to each dish; crack an egg into each dish. Top each with 1 tablespoon crème fraîche mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until whites are just set and yolks are runny, rotating pan halfway through baking. Serve immediately; enjoy with crostini and a light salad.