Cranberry Poached Pears with Mascarpone
1 hours 0 mins
5 medium-size Bosc pears , peeled
2 ½ cups cranberries , rinsed
Juice of an orange
1 cinnamon stick
1 sprig fresh rosemary, more as garnish
6 cups water
⅓ cup honey (or more to taste)
Vermont Creamery Mascarpone
¼ cup hazelnuts
- Place pears, cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon stick, and rosemary sprig in 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven or large saucepan with lid
- Pour water over ingredients in pan. Drizzle with honey.,Cover pan with lid; bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15-20 mintues or until knife inserted into one of the pears goes in and out easily
- At serving time, spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of mascarpone cheese into bottom of individual serving bowls. Place one pear into each bowl; drizzle with juices.
- Spoon cooked cranberries into each bowl. Sprinkle each with hazelnuts and a few leaves of fresh rosemary. Drizzle with more honey, if desired.