Honey Truffle Goat Cheese & Fig Pinwheels
1 hour 15 mins
1 thawed sheet of puff pastry
8 teaspoons fig spread
Vermont Creamery Honey Truffle Goat Cheese
1 ½ ounces
1 large egg
fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 12x12 inch square. Cut the pastry into sixteen 3x3 inch squares. Place the squares onto the prepared baking sheets. Place 1/2 teaspoon of the fig spread in the center of each square and top with 1/2 teaspoon of crumbled goat cheese. Cut slits in the pastry from each corner up to the filling. Fold every other corner to the center over the filling and pinch to seal creating the pinwheel shape. Place baking sheets in the freezer for 15 minutes (see note).
- To make the egg wash, crack the egg into a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of water and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Remove the pinwheels from the freezer, lightly brush with the egg wash and bake until golden, 7-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Place pinwheels on a serving platter, top with a drizzle of honey and thyme leaves. Serve warm.
Pinwheels can be wrapped well and frozen unbaked for up to 2 months. Place frozen pinwheels on prepared baking sheets and bake from frozen starting with step 4. An additional 1-2 minutes may need to be added to the bake time.