Kale Caesar Salad
1 large bunch of Tuscan kale, rinsed
2 cups rustic croutons
½ cup shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
juice from one large lemon
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 large clove of garlic, finely grated or chopped
1 loose cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare kale leaves by removing center rib of leaf and tearing leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Juice 1 lemon into measuring cup. Remove seeds from juice and add in twice as much olive oil as lemon juice.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and garlic; mix well with fork or whisk.
- Whisk in finely grated cheese, crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional garlic or olive oil as desired.
- Pour dressing onto prepared kale leaves and toss well to coat. Add croutons and cheese shavings and gently toss before serving.