White Prosciutto Flatbread with Arugula And Mascarpone
9 hours 20 mins
9 hours 50 mins
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
¾ teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 ounces Prosciutto, thinly sliced
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
Vermont Creamery Mascarpone
4 ounces arugula
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Dissolve yeast in 1 cup lukewarm water and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add yeast mixture to flour; stir to combine. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Lightly knead dough until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough in half, shape into rounds, then transfer to a plate. Cover; refrigerate 8 to 24 hours. Let dough sit at room temperature 45 minutes before making pizza.
- Heat oven to 500ºF If available, place a cast iron pizza pan, baking stone, or baking steel in oven to preheat.
- Lightly flour pizza peel or cookie sheet. Gently stretch 1 round of dough into an irregular circular shape and place onto peel or cookie sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with half of the garlic. Place half of prosciutto on top. Top with 1/4 cup Parmesan; grind black pepper over pizza. Gently shake pizza peel back and forth until pizza slides slightly; open oven and quickly slide pizza onto pizza pan or baking stone. If not using pizza pan or stone, form pizza on on cookie sheet and place cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake until browned and bubbly. If using a cast iron pizza pan, stone, or steel, about 8-10 minutes. If using a baking sheet, baking time will be slightly longer, about 10-15 minutes. Remove pizza from oven. Repeat stretching and topping pizza with second round of dough. Serve pizza topped with dollops of mascarpone and arugula.