Brioche-Style Dinner Rolls
2 hours 30 mins
3 hours 15 mins
4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
¼ cup sugar
1 package active dry yeast
1 ½ teaspoons salt
Vermont Creamery Sea Salt Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
1 ¼ cups whole milk
1 large egg
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon water
flaky sea salt, as desired
chopped parsley, as desired
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter and milk in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat: let cool until between 120º F and 135ºF.
- Add milk mixture and 1 egg to flour mixture. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place into a greased bowl; turn, greased-side up. Cover; let rise in a warm place 1-1 1/2 hours or until double in size. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan. Divide dough into 16 even pieces, rolling each into a ball. Place dough balls into the pan; cover; let rise about 30 minutes.
- Whisk beaten egg and water together in small bowl; brush tops of rolls with egg wash. Sprinkle with sea salt, as desired.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Bake rolls 35-40 minutes or until tops are dark golden brown and internal temperature reads between 190ºF-200ºF.
- Sprinkle warm rolls with chopped parsley and flaky sea salt, as desired. Serve warm.