Caramel Pecan Pie
2 hours 5 mins
2 hours 50 mins
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter 82% Butterfat
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons ice water
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
⅓ cup melted
2 cups pecans halves
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine 2 cups flour and salt in large bowl; gently toss. Cut in butter chunks, using fork or hand held dough blender, gently stirring to ensure every crumb of flour is pea-sized and coated in flour. Add in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until dough begins to come together.
- Pat into round disk on lightly floured surface. Roll out until slightly larger in circumference than your pie plate. Transfer to pie plate. Gently press into pan, crimping edges around rim of pie plate as desired. Set aside in a cool dry place.
- Combine crème fraîche and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Whisk granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla, eggs and melted butter. Whisk until incorporated. Add cooled crème fraîche caramel sauce, stirring until incorporated.
- Chop 1 cup pecans and sprinkle evenly into bottom of pastry. Pour filling over pecans. Gently lay remaining pecan halves in concentric circles on top of filling.
- Bake 50-52 minutes or until filling is set and not loose. Cool completely. Let set for a few hours or overnight before serving.