Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
1 ¼ cup
2 ½ cups flour
⅔ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine the flour, sugar, salt, and Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter. Pulse until just combined and the mixture forms a dough ball.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, using your hands to spread the dough into an even layer.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Take out of the oven and allow the bars to cool completely.
- While the bars cool make the homemade caramel or melt down some soft caramels instead.
- Once the bars are cool use a spoon to drizzle the bars with caramel and chocolate. Use a large knife to cut into desired size rectangles. Enjoy!