Chocolate Coated Wafer Cookies
1 hour 5 mins
1 hour 20 mins
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
1 cup chocolate candy coating, melted
candy canes, crushed
flakey sea salt
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or stand-alone mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix after each additional egg.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On clean surface, lightly dust with cocoa powder and roll out dough to 1/6-inch thick and use a 2 to 3-inch round cookie cutter to punch out the dough.
- Transfer cut dough to baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookie is set.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Once cookie is cooled, dip half of the cookie in the candy coating and top with crushed candy cane, pistachios, or sea salt.