1 hours 20 mins
1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounces cold cut into chunks
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoons ice water
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup almond paste
2 large eggs
2 ounces softened
1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups cranberries
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Place flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor bowl. Pulse to combine. Add cold butter; process until butter is incorporated and mixture is pea-sized balls. Do not over mix.
- Mix egg yolk and water in small bowl. Add to processor; pulse to combine until dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, patting into a disk. Roll dough until just larger than the shape of the pan and gently lift to fit pan. Press dough into flutes of pan and trim edges with a sharp knife. Using tines of a fork, pierce bottom of tart shell liberally to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Using a mixer, beat 1/4 cup sugar, almond paste, and eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add crème fraîche, butter and orange zest. Whisk 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Add flour mixture to filling mixture until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared tart shell, spreading evenly. Layer pear slices and cranberries across top of crème fraîche mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned.