1 hour 20 mins
1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat, cold, cut into chunks
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon ice water
¾ cup almond paste
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat, softened
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cups cranberries
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor bowl. Pulse to combine. Add cold butter; process until butter is incorporated and mixture is pea-sized balls. Do not overmix.
- Mix egg yolk and ice water in small bowl. Add to processor; pulse to combine until dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, patting into disk. Roll dough until just larger than shape of pan; gently lift to fit pan. Press dough into flutes of pan; trim edges with sharp knife. Using fork tines, pierce bottom of tart shell liberally to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Combine almond paste, 1/4 cup sugar and eggs in large bowl; beat until combined. Add crème fraîche, butter and orange zest. Whisk 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to filling mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour mixture into tart shell, spreading evenly. Layer pear slices and cranberries across top of crème fraîche mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned.