Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
Vermont Creamery Sea Salt Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
1 cup cut into chunks
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350º
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.,Place sugar and cold butter into bowl of heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until well combined. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat until well mixed.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until just combined
- While removing dough from bowl, knead to incorporate crumbs and form smooth dough. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness
- Cut into shapes with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to brown around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.