Mixed Berry Galette
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 50 mins
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
8 ounces softened but still cool
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons ice water
5 cups mixed berries
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
a dollop of
Vermont Creamery Mascarpone
a dollop of
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Place flour in large bowl and add salt. Stir to combine. Add butter and using a fork or hand held dough blender, cut the butter into the flour, gently stirring to ensure every crumb of butter is pea size and coated in flour.
- Once butter is combined, add in ice water one tablespoon at a time, mixing until dough begins to take shape. Gently knead with your fingers to help bring dough together. If needed add additional water a little at a time.
- Once dough is formed, shape into disk and roll on a piece of parchment to a uniform thickness of ¼ inch. Rolled dough should be roughly round.
- In a large bowl combine berries, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss to coat well.
- Gently spoon berries into the center of the dough, leaving about an inch border around the edge. Fold the bare edge of dough inwards on top of the berries, working around the entire circle.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden and the berry mixture bubbles a little.
- Serve with a dollop of cool crème fraîche or mascarpone.