Peach Blueberry Galette
1 hours 30 mins
2 hours 25 mins
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
10 tablespoons cold cut into small cubes
4 tablsepoons ice-cold water
2 medium peaches, sliced 1/4 inch thick slices
1 plum, sliced 1/4 inch thick slices
½ cup blueberries
1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
½ cup almond meal or almond flour (optional)
1 egg yolk, lightly whisked
½ cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon honey
- To make the galette dough: place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for a few times to mix. Add in the cold butter cubes. Pulse 8-10 times until butter resembles small clumps.
- Turn the machine on and add in 4 tablespoons of ice-cold water in one tablespoons increments. At this point, it should start to come together and form into a ball. If not add in the rest of the water until it does.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured surface, form it into a 4-inch disk, and wrap with plastic. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Take it out of the fridge 10 minutes before you are ready to roll it out.
- To make the filling: place peaches, plums, blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with coconut sugar. Set aside to macerate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF. Prepare a sheet of parchment paper that will fit into the baking sheet.
- To assemble: Lightly flour your working surface. Roll the dough into a large 12-inch circle. Transfer onto the parchment paper and then onto a baking sheet.
- If you are using, sprinkle it evenly with almond meal leaving a 2-inch border on the sides. Spread the fruit on top slightly mounting in the middle, again leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
- Roll the sides of the dough overlapping as you go around and pleating the dough. Brush the outer crust with egg yolk and sprinkle with sliced almonds lightly pressing to make sure they stick.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. Transfer the galette onto a wire rack to cool.,If preferred, dilute honey with a tablespoon of water and lightly brush the top of the fruit. Serve while it is still warm.