1 hours 10 mins
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅔ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
⅓ cup melted cooled
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup walnuts or pumpkin seeds, plus a few tablespoons for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine all-purpose flour, pastry flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine coconut sugar and eggs in large bowl; mix well. Add pumpkin puree, melted butter, milk and vanilla; whisk until blended. Gently stir in dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in 1 cup walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle with additional walnuts. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- When cool enough to handle, gently remove loaf from pan; cool on wire rack 30 minutes before slicing.