Chèvre Linzer Cookies
1 hour 20 mins
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
¾ cup granulated sugar
Vermont Creamery Classic Goat Cheese
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
assorted jams for filling
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add goat cheese; mix to combine. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flours with salt in a separate bowl; stir to combine. Add flour mixture to goat cheese batter; mix until just combined.
- Pat dough into a flat disk shape; wrap in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies, using linzer cookie cutters, being sure to leave half whole for cookie base and half with hole cut in the middle for cookie top.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown. Cool completely.
- Dust tops of cookies that have cut-out designs with powdered sugar. Spoon jam on cookie bases; top with powdered sugar-dusted cookie tops.