Herbed Pasta with Morel Mushrooms
16 ounces spaghetti
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 ounces morel mushrooms , cleaned and sliced in half
1 leek, cleaned, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Vermont Creamery Unsalted Cultured Butter - 82% Butterfat
Juice from one lemon
Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
½ cup chives
1 cup parsley
Vermont Creamery Classic Goat Cheese, crumbled
Red pepper flakes, if desired
- Begin to cook pasta in large pot, according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 a cup of the pasta water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet until oil begins to shimmer. Add in sliced morel mushrooms; stir frequently 4-5 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chopped leeks; cook until leeks are softened. Stir in garlic and butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup eserved pasta water & and crème fraîche to make a light sauce, adding additional reserved pasta water for desired sauce thickness.
- Drain pasta. Add cooked pasta to pan with mushrom mixture; stir to combine.
- Fold in freshly chopped herbs. Top with fresh goat cheese and pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.